Monday, April 22, 2013

Help Fund 'New', A Sci-Fi Short by John Harden

I certainly love my science fiction, and there are several good sci-fi short films out there and in production, and I've featured plenty here on this blog; such as 'Noon', 'Exodus', 'H.U.D.' 'Lisa', 'R'ha', 'Tempo', 'Prospect', 'In The Pines', 'Seed', 'Plurality' and 'Hibernation' to name but a few .

And here's another short film with a sci-fi theme. 'New' is the story of an aging couple who are cryogenically frozen and then reawakened in a distant future, in 20-year-old bodies.

'New' is being funded as a crowd-sourced project, and John Harden, who is behind the project, hoping to raise $22,000. The short is roughly 12 minutes long and will stand alone as a story, but will also serve as proof-of-concept for a feature film he's currently writing.
"In writing NEW, I feel I've managed to hit a sweet spot between the visionary science fiction that fired my imagination as a kid, and the character-driven storytelling that makes sense to me now. I'm thrilled to be making this film and feel it will be unlike anything I've done before."
Check out the pitch below and head over to the site for more information.
via

No comments:

Post a Comment