Saturday, October 06, 2012

Comic Book Art: Blade Of The Immortal

Continuing my look at my favourite comic books and their cover art, with the long running series Blade Of The Immortal.

Written and illustrated by Hiroaki Samura, 'Blade Of The Immortal' follows Manji, a ronin warrior of feudal Japan, who has been cursed with immortality. To rid himself of this curse and regain his mortality, Manji must slay one thousand evil men! His quest begins when a young girl seeks his help in taking revenge on her parents' killers. His quest ends only after he has spilled the blood of a thousand!

I would recommend picking up the trades for this ongoing series. The artwork is very cinematic in style, almost as if they were storyboards for a movie! It's the only comic that I've had a letter published in too, I was quite happy about that at the time!!! 

Hit the jump for cover art to the series.


No comments:

Post a Comment