Monday, January 21, 2013

Disney Has Asked Drew Struzan To Do The Posters For The New Star Wars Film

Even though he retired from the illustrating game in 2008, and despite doing the odd print here or there, Disney has asked Drew Struzan about producing the posters for the new Star Wars movies!

In an interview with Fanhattan, he says that Disney have made a couple of calls and that he hasn't ruled out the possibility:

"If the opportunity arises, it will be a real temptation. But it’s going to have to be a real temptation to get me away from my wife and my little grandkids and my family. Away from the green trees and the blue skies for a change instead of just locked in the studio. But, you know, never say never. All things are possible."

I'm hoping he is persuaded to come out of retirement and we get to see his poster art for Star Wars again. I love his art and can't recommend his art book 'Drew Struzan: Oeuvre' enough. Be good to see some posters where they are works of art instead of the generic photoshopped posters we see today too!

Take a look at some of Drew Struzan's previous Star Wars illustrations below.

No comments:

Post a Comment