Thursday, January 19, 2012

Currently Reading: The Master Mind Of Mars

Cover art by Gino D'Achille
I was going to read something else, take a break from the Edgar Rice Burroughs' Barsoom series, but something just drew me back into the series!

After enjoying the books so far, I've moved onto book six; 'The Master Mind Of Mars'.

Instead of focusing on John Carter, Dejah Thoris and their children like the previous five books, this time we switch to Ulysses Paxton, who after becoming injured in the trenches during the first World War finds himself transported to Mars and taken under the wing of 'mad scientist' Ras Thavas.

So far I'm enjoying this book, and it's good to see a fresh perspective of Barsoom too, with a new and unrelated character introduced and what appears to be a new region too.

At this rate, I'll probably have finished reading the 11 book series by the time the John Carter film is released on March 9!

UPDATE: Finished it, and loved it. As mentioned, good to follow a different character in this series, but we do get an appearance from John Carter at the end. Had a big ol' smile on my face when I finished it too. Really loving the style of writing from Edgar Rice Burroughs as well. Onto the next book 'A Fighting Man Of Mars'.

For more information on 'The Master Mind Of Mars' check out the Wikipedia link

No comments:

Post a Comment