Friday, May 17, 2013

Watch The 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Game As A 3 Hour Movie

After turning the 'Assassin Creed' games into full length game movies, Andy Gilleand is back with 'Tomb Raider'.
"If you haven't seen my movies before, my goal is to take a game, record footage of my gameplay, and edit that together into a movie. I do this by focusing on story, primarily driven by the cutscenes. However, if you only include the cutscenes, you don't have a coherent story. So I include some gameplay as well, but only the minimum gameplay necessary to understand the story. The goal is to keep this looking as much like a movie as possible, so I try to limit any obvious game moments as much as I can, especially putting focus on the more cinematic gameplay elements. 
As before, I try to cut out as many game indicators as I can, such as button prompts, but sometimes there are HUD pop ups that would be either too difficult to remove, or would significantly lower the quality of the movie by being removed. So, I removed what I could, but I couldn't remove everything."
He says his next game movie project will be 'Batman: Arkham Asylum', so subscribe to his YouTube channel for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment