Friday, September 06, 2013

Cool Art: Glen Brogan's Art For Bottleneck Gallery's '3NES' Show

Here are Glen Brogan's pieces for Bottleneck Gallery's '3NES' art show which opens tonight in Brooklyn, New York. Each participating artist created work based on Nintendo classics 'Super Mario Bros', 'The Legend of Zelda', and 'Metroid'.
"My thoughts going into these pieces were that I wanted to stick closely to the original NES games, as opposed to branching out into subsequent games, and I wanted to base them around the female characters in each game. I also knew that I wanted to do some action scenes (which I haven't done recently,) and lately I've had an itch to draw a gnarly monster, so drawing Ganon was able to take care of that for me."
The show runs from September 6 until September 22 and each person who attends the show will also have a chance at winning a Nintendo Home Entertainment System along with games from each title. They will have a couple consoles up so you can relive some of those childhood memories on the opening night!

Any artwork left over from the preview will go online Saturday, September 7th at 12pm EST.

No comments:

Post a Comment