Thursday, January 09, 2014

Cool Art: 'The Battle of Five Armies' - "The Last Stand of Thorin Oakenshield" by Lucas Graciano

'The Battle of Five Armies' - "The Last Stand of Thorin Oakenshield" by Lucas Graciano.

This 'The Hobbit' inspired painting is 30" x 40" Oil on Masonite and is the cover art for The Battle of Five Armies board game from Ares Games.
"One of my first illustrative drawings when I first started attending art school was the iconic scene of The Battle of Five Armies from the book The Hobbit. It was a decent effort, but an ambitious image to tackle, especially for a new art student. I had always wanted to illustrate the scene again at some point. So, when Ares Games emailed asking me to illustrate their The Battle of Five Armies board game cover, I jumped to the opportunity." - Lucas Graciano
Head over to Lucas' blog for a couple of closer detail shots plus the final cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment