Friday, October 09, 2015

Cool Art: Thinkspace Gallery presents 'Hiatus' by Joanne Nam

Thinkspace Gallery presents 'Hiatus’, a solo exhibition of new paintings by Joanne Nam, in the Project Room.
"I mainly use oil paints when I create images. Most of subject matters of my paintings are from old memories. I used to live in a middle of forest and spent a lot of my time with wild trees and animals when I was young. However, I avoided reproducing simple images of those memories. The thing I was focusing on was the impression of them. The visual images in my head were vague and hard to tell, but I believed that the feeling of it was the thing that lasts." - Joanne Nam
Opening reception is on Saturday October 10 from 6-9 pm at ThinkSpace Gallery, 6009 Washington Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232, Joanne will also be in attendance. The exhibition is on display until October 31 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment